WARNING: If you’re looking for a “secret” or a “loophole” for earning untold riches on the interwebz, by this time next week... you’re in the wrong place.
If you’re looking for a legitimate online business, to earn a stable income that could let you:
- - Quit a job you don’t like
- - Fund your retirement
- - Live location independent and travel the world.
Then you can probably imagine how significant it is that...
In 12 Months, we Earned $213,928 in Affiliate Commissions, From Two Websites
It's awkward to talk about money, especially when we've just met... but this is the internet, and proof is important.
This is a compilation of screenshots from across our affiliate accounts during that 12 months.
Let’s start with some “radical honesty”: We’re not saying you'll make that much in the next 12 months.
We’ve been doing this for a combined 20+ years. We were starting with much more knowledge and experience than the average person.
But as you’ll see from the results of our students below, the process we use can be replicated by anyone, to build sites that can earn up to $1,000 or $2,000 a month, all the way up to $10,000 a month.
While we're doing proof...
We Also got More Than 2.5 MILLION Organic Visitors From Google
Not by capitalizing on some “loophole”, or deploying some black hat technique…
But by using advanced keyword research, high quality content and strategic white-hat link building and promotion...
(As well as a couple of "secret sauce" software tools we built.)
The Rest of This Page Is About How We Did It… (& How These Guys Did Too)
You’ll hear below from our students who…
- - Are earning up to $1,000, $2,000, and $3,000 per month from their sites...
- - Are earning - in one spectacular case - up to $200,000 per month...
- - Have had $50k lump sum pay days
- - Have dramatically reduced their "work hours" each week
- - Got back time with their families...
- - And holiday every other month...
Not a “Get Rich” Business… A “Get Free” Business
Most importantly, this page is about adding to your income with a business that doesn’t take up 8 hours of your day.
Plenty of people have salaries of $500k per year...
- - And they’re glued to their phones.
- - They spend most of their day in meetings.
- - They take 4 weeks annual leave a year if they’re lucky.
- - And they work at the same office, wearing the same clothes, day in day out.
If you want to get rich, that might be a good path to follow.
But if You Want to Get Free?
- I mean free to take your work, and go where ever in the world you need to be.
- Free to manage your own schedule, choose your own hours and set your own holidays.
- And free to grow your income with your effort. (If you work twice as hard at your job tomorrow, will you earn twice as much?)
We’ve Done It, and We're Qualified To Teach It
We’re Andrew Hansen and Sara Young. An unlikely pairing of a university dropout Aussie guy, and a Jewish Mom of 7.
- I, (Andrew) like coffee and cocktails, and play wrestling with my two boys.
- I, (Sara) like coffee, and more coffee, and having as many family members piled into our house as will fit (current record: 15)
In that time, we’ve made all of the worst mistakes.
- - We’ve built sites that were penalized by Google, seeing incomes of up to $10,000 a month disappear almost overnight.
- - We’ve invested months of time and thousands of dollars into sites that turned out to be “bad ideas”
- We’ve even - early on in our careers - been legitimately scammed by “guru” marketers into giving up 5 figure sums for what turned out to be fake “coaching”.
Last year was our most profitable year ever.
Let’s call that the end of our introduction, and jump right into the meat of this page.
What's our business model? How exactly do we make money? And why should you care?
Here’s The Top Down View of Our Business Model (With Examples)
To put it simply: We build authority websites.
They are initially small, high quality, content driven Wordpress websites that earn income by advertising and affiliate marketing. (that is, for the newer among you, helping sell other company's product for a commission)
We provide a tonne of value to people interested in a certain topic, and we make recommendations to helpful products. When people buy the products we discuss on the website, we earn a commission.
Want to See an Example?Take a look at ATVRider.com. This is not our site, but based on the value of it's traffic*, our experience tells us it could be making up to $5,000 a month.
They review ATVs, and the equipment and accessories that go with them. When people click their affiliate links and purchase things, they earn a commission.
They also cover news in this industry, provide how to material, and videos.
Want Another Example?Check out PoolCleanerBlog. It’s not also not our site, but based on the value of their traffic*, our experience tells us they could be earning up to $10,000 a month.
It’s a really simple site that mainly reviews pools, and pool cleaning stuff. They write super helpful, in depth material, and they get rewarded by affiliate commissions, mainly through the Amazon associates program.
Oh, and in case you're wondering...
>>> You can Make Thousands of Dollars per Month Before Your Site Is Anywhere NEAR as Good as ThoseYes, indeed you can. Because...
That’s Authority Site Building, and When it Works, it’s SO Good.
It's so good because it means...
- Low startup cost & low risk = Because you’re only selling other people’s products, you don’t have to invest thousands of dollars in inventory just to get started. In fact you can implement what we teach with just a few small investments in recommended tools (less than $100 total).
- Full control = Unlike selling on Amazon, or building a Youtube Channel, you fully own and control your asset. No one can take it off you if you accidentally break someone else’s rules. And you can grow and develop it in whichever direction you think will be most profitable.
- High “Return on Time” = Many of our students start their sites with a spare hour they get each day, and a little more on weekends. Ours is NOT a business model that requires a 60 hour work week or a big team in order to be successful.
- You won’t need to invest a ton of cash into advertising. You’ll build your site to attract high-quality, organic traffic from search engines. Once you start making revenue, you can decide whether or not you’d like to pay for more traffic.
- You won’t need to enter some niche market you’d be embarrassed to tell your friends about. After all, who wants to be known as the expert on topics like “chronic hemorrhoid treatment” or “cheating on your partner without getting caught”? In fact, many of our students are able to enter markets they have existing interest or knowledge in.
- You won’t need to deal with any customers. Because... they're not YOUR customers. You recommend the product. They buy it. You go about your day. If the customer has a question, the merchant deals with it.
To hammer these point home, consider the story of our student Nathan.
"Generating a solid $2,500 a month on average"
"Fast forward to today. I’ve implemented what Andrew and Sara taught and am still implementing it. My one website is generating a solid $2,500 a month on average, and I’ve had a huge month in December when it made roughly $13,000.
But the best part is, I spend on average 1 hour a month on my website. It’s literally runs on autopilot and I’m so happy because I’ve gained my life back. In fact, last September I was finally able to leave my 60+ hour week job. I go on vacation every other month and spend quality time with my wife and baby.
I’ve gained freedom, the lifestyle, and a business that works around my life. Everything has literally transformed before my eyes."
Nathan L, Hong Kong
Digital Worth Academy Member
Next comes the obvious question...
If it's SO Simple... and SO Amazing... Why Isn't Everyone Doing It?
Ahh, the million dollar question.
It looks simple enough on the surface: Just a plain website, with articles on it, recommending products and earning commissions.
But the devil is in the detail.
There are a handful of key processes you must be able to run in order to build and grow this website to profitability.
They’re not “hard” as such. But they are really specific.
Trying to Figure Out These Processes Alone, People Can Spend YearsWe opened up a conversation about this with some of our subscribers recently, and the responses we got were shocking...
How Could it be SO HARD? Answer #1: Overwhelm
Well for one, the volume of information that exists on how to build this kind of business is totally overwhelming.
The internet is full of blog posts, and forum threads, and emails and Facebook posts, and they all have a BETTER technique you MUST be using to make more money online.
You end up feeling like you’re doing a full time job just trying to keep up with it all!
Months can pass, and if you ask yourself what you’ve accomplished, it can be hard to find an answer.
For two, the constant advertising and marketer emails make you feel like you’re always missing out on something.
They make you constantly hop from one thing to the next.
Maybe you've heard the term “shiny object syndrome”? Success from any online business comes from consistency... but this rabble makes it near impossible to stick to one solid method until it turns a profit.
Sadly, these aren't the only barriers you face...
Get Past That... and You Face "The 3 BIG Mistakes"
If you don't fall down at the constant bombardment of information and advertising... One of the 3 Big Mistakes is there waiting for you.
You can do everything right, but get one of these wrong, and the car just won’t start.
What are they?
Big Mistake #1: Picking The Wrong Market
There isn’t a more important decision you make in this business than which market you enter (ie which topic you choose to start your site on).
But once you’ve picked a market and started a site... you can't really go back on it. Starting again is a huge waste of time and money.
So you have to start your site on this perfect kind of market.
- It shouldn’t be too competitive. But you don’t want NO competitors either (you want to see that someone’s making money!)
- It needs to be popular, but not so popular that it attracts too much competition.
- It has to have products that are expensive so you can earn a decent commission when you sell one... but not so expensive that prospects have to deliberate for weeks before making the decision, costing you an affiliate commission.
Plenty of people have been sunk by seeing that there’s a great opportunity to be an affiliate for hemorrhoid creams... only to realize months later that they simply cannot write another article about hemorrhoid creams.
*ahem* Andrew may or may not be one of these people *ahem*
Picking a market to enter is the most difficult step, and because it’s a cruel cruel world, it’s also the very first step you need to take.
People either pick a market too quickly and realize after months that it won’t be profitable.
Or the paralyzing fear of picking the wrong market prevents them from doing anything.
Big Mistake #2: Picking the Wrong Products to Sell as an Affiliate
It’s possible to pick a profitable market to build your site in, but fail because you picked the wrong product to try and sell that market.
- You need to pick a product with a good affiliate program...
- ... But a product that you can actually get traffic to.
- ... And a product that actually converts that traffic into sales.
If your strategy for picking products to sell is to simply load up Amazon and hit the “Bestseller” lists...
Or head to the Clickbank marketplace and filter offers by high gravity...
You can be digging for gold in the right spot, but with a broken shovel.
Big Mistake #3: Not Focusing Long Enough on One Traffic Source
It doesn't matter whether you pick our preferred method for traffic (search engine optimization) or another: You have to pick ONE to start with.
They're all sufficiently complicated that you're never gonna get good at say Pay-per-click AND SEO at the same time.
Not realizing that you can't have traffic success overnight, people too easily quit on traffic strategies that would work if they were given a little extra time.
A lot of people say that they're not getting enough traffic, but they lack the experience to know whether they're doing something wrong... or whether it's actually working but they're not looking at the right measures of progress.
Frustratingly, this is often happening when you're months in on a new business, getting nervous about the time and money you've already invested without seeing a return.
Making the wrong decisions with your traffic strategy, you can end up wrongly abandoning a site that was on the brink of a big success.**
**We've both done this before... and it sucks.
Now do you get why Failure is so Common?
Seeing the landscape all laid out like that, it's pretty easy to see why so many people want to build this kind of business, but can't.
Now we've got that out of the way, it's time to peak over the other side of the fence...
How We do it Different and Better: Predictably Profitable Authority Sites (Minus Frustration, Indecision & Overwhelm)
If you want to avoid the 3 big mistakes, and build an authority site that could earn up to $2,000, $3,000 or $10,000 a month...
- Without worrying every day you’ve done the wrong thing
- Without wondering every day “Is this definitely going to be profitable?”
- Without getting stuck not knowing how to get your next visitor, or make your next affiliate sale...
You need to deploy proven processes, with custom software tools.
Here’s what that looks like.
Our Step #1: Pick a “Big 8” Market
We don’t puzzle over which market to enter because we only ever choose from a list of 8.
These are the big umbrella markets that are proven to be profitable time and time again.
They have enormous upside potential, because they’re so big you can start in one small corner of the market, and keep developing your authority site into new areas of the market as you grow.
They’re so big, and products/services move so fast in these markets that you can always find a new low competition corner to establish yourself in.
This means when we’ve picked one, we never doubt “Is this market really going to be profitable?”
We know it’s always profitable, and we only need to find which little untapped corner we’ll profit in first.
Ready for step 2?
** Let’s Keep the Example Rolling: Say we Choose the Market of FishingWhen you’ve got that, your next question is “What are the products I could sell that would make the most money?”
Our Step #2: Find the Most Profitable Products to Sell
On Amazon alone, the category of Fishing has 50,000 products to sell. How are we going to know which will earn us the most money?
You can spend hours sifting through Amazon and other affiliate networks trying to compare one offer to another.
Or you can do what we do, and use a software tool to cut through the manual labor.
We plug “Fishing” into our Commission Wizard tool (more on which below), like this... And when we hit search, we see the following: It tells us that of 50,000 products on Amazon, there are really only 38 that are worth us considering promoting. Why?
Because they meet the criteria we need for commissions and likelihood of conversions.
Instead of researching for hours... that took seconds.
Decision made! Fishfinders will be our starting point in this market.
Now for our next bit of analysis...
Our Step #3: Confirm Traffic Potential Before You Start
Nothing is more important than this.
Before we commit to starting a site, we don’t just need to know that the market is good...
We don’t just need to know that there are good products to promote...
**We need to know there’s an attainable source of profitable traffic we can tap.**We need to know how much traffic there is, and how much we might make from it.
If we know all that...
- - There are no missing pieces.
- - No misplaced expectations.
- - No mistakes.
We feed this little opportunity of Fishfinders into our keyword research software (more on which below).
It sifts through thousands of keywords relevant to Fishfinders, looking for an opportunity.
An opportunity is when a keyword related to Fishfinders is being searched, but the sites currently ranking for it in Google are particularly low quality.
We came to calling these “anomaly keywords.”
What comes out is something like this… All the sites ranking for all the keywords are on one row... and deep within them is one green opportunity keyword.
We scroll left to see what the keyword is, and… Boom! Our first opportunity!
>>> This is a place we now KNOW we can get traffic, because what’s currently getting traffic is so low in quality.
The first product we’ll promote, and the first place we’ll get traffic is side scan fish finders.
CAUTION: This is the point most people stop their analysis. Do not stop here!They find a product with an affiliate program, and a “good keyword”, and they think “Done. The money is mine!”
Don’t stop there. There is one crucial step remaining...
Our Step #4: Confirm Profit Potential Before You Start
Every opportunity for traffic has a monetary value.
If you write an article for side scan fish finders, and it ranks for all the side scan fish finder keywords you’ve found… it will make SOME amount of money in affiliate commissions.
But how much money will it make? What exactly is the profit potential?
For most affiliates, the answer is “I don’t know." No keyword tool can tell you this because it’s not about the competition for the keyword, it’s about how well your article and monetization fits the people searching for that keyword.
So most people guess.
We dug through our own affiliate accounts, and compiled our own data on the traffic and affiliate earnings from hundreds of products…
And made a final software tool to calculate the profit potential of any opportunity we came across.
We plug in Side Scan fish finders, along with the keywords we found, and it spits out something like this… While it can’t be perfect, that’s a data driven estimate of our likely monthly income if we can rank an article for these keywords and sell that product.
($156 a month for one article? I'll take it!)
Hopefully it's starting to become clear why this is anything but business as usual
When our Students Used the Same Processes & Software Tools...
It’s time for you to meet another group of our students...
These are regular people who built income-producing authority sites using our unique combination of processes and software tools.
They are a range of ages, from a range of countries, a range of different backgrounds. They didn’t start with prior experience, or a wad of startup cash, or a degree in software engineering...
They’re united only by an appetite for hard work, and a motivation to succeed. Their stories speak for themselves…